Washington, DC "Green" Hotel
Hotel Helix is an innovative, eco-friendly hotel in downtown Washington, DC. Our progressive eco-friendly practices help support a sustainable world and a healthier planet. We only use high-quality, non-intrusive, environmentally-friendly products and services at our Washington, DC hotel. Through the Kimpton Hotels' EarthCare program, Hotel Helix delivers a refreshing, environmentally-friendly hotel atmosphere while promoting a sustainable planet.
At Hotel Helix, we implement smart green practices that have a high impact and benefit to our city and our planet:
- All rooms cleaned with environmentally friendly, non-toxic cleaning products.
- All hotel collateral and materials are printed on 100% recycled paper using soy-based ink. Office paper is printed on both sides and then recycled.
- All complimentary lobby coffee is organic, shade grown and/or fair trade.
- Towels and lines re-use to reduce energy and detergents required for daily washings.
- We recycle 60% of our waste.
- Energy efficient light bulbs, air conditioning units and mini-bars are used throughout the hotel.
- Low flow water systems for faucets, toilets, and showers.
- We embrace environmental activities such as recycling of coat hangers, elimination of Styrofoam cups, and paperless check-ins/outs.
- In-room recycling bins.
- Eco-Friendly Transportation. Through partnership with an Eco Friendly Chauffer Service, the Hotel Helix provides guests with the option to tread lightly.
- Honor bars include organic snacks and beverages.
- Unused or partially-used bath amenities are donated to local charities.
- Shop the Kimpton Style Catalog for eco-friendly products like organic bedding and
- Hotel Helix hosts green meetings and events.
- In-room spa treatments only use natural ingredients.
- Hotel Helix supports environmental partnerships.
Learn more about Kimpton Hotels' Earthcare program and our assurance of corporate and social responsibility.